List of Supported Profiles on your Samsung SGH-T404G
- Headset Profile (HSP): it is the most commonly used profile. It connects most Bluetooth® enabled headsets with Bluetooth enabled phones.
- Hands-Free Profile (HFP): It allows car hands-free kits to communicate with mobile phones in the car. Be advised that not all cars can pair with all phone models due to some car manufacturer restrictions.
- Object Push Profile (OPP): Is a basic profile for sending “objects” such as pictures, virtual business cards, or appointment details.
- File Transfer Profile (FTP): Provides the capability to browse, manipulate, and transfer objects in an object store of another system.
- Advance Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP): This profile defines how high quality audio (stereo or mono) can be streamed from one device to another over a Bluetooth connection. For example, music can be streamed from a mobile phone to a wireless headset or car audio or from a laptop/desktop to a wireless headset.
- Serial Port Profile (SPP): This profile is based on ETSI 07,10 and the RFCOMM protocol. It emulates a serial cable to provide a simple substitute for existing RS-232, including the familiar control signals. It is the basis for DUN, FAX, HSP and AVRCP.
- Service Discovery Application Profile (SDAP): SDAP describes how an application should use SDP to discover services on a remote device. SDAP requires that any application be able to find out what services are available on any Bluetooth enabled device it connects to.